Thursday, December 6, 2007

Trend Update: Bolero Jacket Bust!



As originally posted here, I saw this bolero jacket at thebudgetbabe.com (new favorite blog!) and became OBSESSED with finding a bolero jacket of my own.

So I went over to Target to try the exact bolero jacket in the picture, and it was a total bust. Literally. I was WAY too busty to get that thing buttoned. Undeterred, I went to four different stores on my mission to find one that fit and looked good. I finally found one in a black and white houndstooth at Maurices that I thought would do the trick.

I wasn't quite sure about it, so I tried it on in front of the Style Council, which consists of:
- my mother (style icon, fashion buyer and fashionista, aka Toni of the Ashley's Big Secret Podcast)
- my boyfriend (perpetual nice-guy, incapable of saying anything negative about my appearance, possibly out of fear)
-my father (maker of infuriatingly correct, if unspecific fashion critiques, such as 'something about that just looks... wrong')

The verdict? An overwhelming 'that jacket makes you look like a giant houndstooth barrel'. Apparently, this one just isn't a trend for the busty.

So I bought this to make myself feel better:











Black Tie Optional Ring
Originally $72.00
On Sale Now! $57.20


For fabulous accessories, visit AshleysBigSecret.com.

Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.
© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the jacket didn't work out - you should share your comments on the Budget Babe, too! lots of ladies out there could benefit from your perspective :)