Friday, November 16, 2007

Tip From Toni: Dare to be Different!

Are you the kind of person who always looks the same? Same hairdo, same style of clothes, same color of nail polish, same jewelry, same style of shoes, etc.,etc. Why do you think we are so interested in the celebrities and what they wear, their new hairstyles, or in their lives in general?

We look and read about new styles, new trends but rarely change ourselves. I have come across countless women who say "I can't wear big rings, my fingers are too fat, my hands are too ugly; I can't wear necklaces, my neck is too fat, too short, or I have too many wrinkles; or the best yet" I don't' wear any jewelry, it is just not me".

Cleopatra knew what it was to be an alluring, confident and a beautiful woman. She practically invented eye shadow and lipstick. She wore a lot of jewelry. And we all know who Cleopatra was!

Just for fun, I dare you to try one thing that is different for you and see what your friends say. Change your nail polish from neutral to bright red. Change your lipstick color from pink to orange. Part your hair on the left instead of the right. Purchase a cubic zirconium ring and wear it as if was a diamond. Wear big earrings instead of small earrings. Wear some bling on your wrist.

Pretend you are book. Imagine how bored your significant other, your friends and your family would be reading the same chapter over and over and over again! Try one simple change in your appearance and find out how fun and exhilarating it can be. In other words, dare to be different, different from you.

Accessories are to a woman what salt, pepper and spices are to food. Do you know of any chef that prepares food without spices? Isn't all food preparation individualized by what is mixed and matched in recipes. Perhaps there is something to be gained from the quote "variety is the spice of life".

My tip du juor is to "spice up your life today with some variety."

For fabulous accessories, visit AshleysBigSecret.com.

Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.

© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

No comments: