Friday, March 16, 2007

E-Buddies!


So today I was messing around online, and I came across something that stopped me in my tracks. EBuddies.org, a subsidiary of the Best Buddies organization, is having their annual Friend-a-Thon. E-Buddies sets up intellectually disabled people with e-mail friends to foster not only friendship, but to teach real world communication skills.

People with disabilites and with special needs have always had a special place in my heart, and this is such a fantastic way to show someone you care. Gosh! I get so warm and fuzzy sometimes, don't I?

Actually, our generation is very civic minded, but we're also insane with work and school and whatever else. It's hard to find a cause you really care deeply about and can commit yourself to for any length of time. I'm sure I am just like you, I fire off about a million e-mails a day- why not make one or two count?

The picture above is of me and my brother- it was taken after months of intensive care and months more of physical rehabilitation and always reminds me that the fight, whatever it is, is always worth fighting.

For fabulous accessories, visit AshleysBigSecret.com. Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.


© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

No comments: