Tuesday, February 6, 2007

This year, the Chief Secret Keepers of Ashley's Big Secret decided to throw a Superbowl party! While we are not neccessarily inclined towards spectator sports (that's the polite way of saying it), we thought it would be fun to have some people over for cocktails, snacks, and well, ok- football.

We were very suprised at how into it everybody got, and we had a blast!



Pictured here are our friends Pat and Bev, who very clearly were rooting for the bears. Our guests were split just about down the middle between the Colts and the Bears.








The we had Pam, who came dressed for the weather in Miami, despite the cold temeratures here! We just love her spunk and enthusiasm!













I have to admit, I had much more fun visiting with everyone than I did watching football, but would have another Superbowl party again in a minute!


Our neighbors, Mary Lou and Bernie, were such fun! She is an artist, too, so we got to talk shop... I can't wait to see her paintings!











Our friend Elke and her husband, Larry, came as well. Elke is in the same boat as we are... we like socializing more than we like watching the game. She arrived looking gorgeous as usual, and employed on of my favorite party techniques for looking fabulous- overdressing. It works like a charm. If you're going to a party where everyone is wearing jeans, wear a skirt or black pants with some fancy jewelry. I dare you to try it next time you go out- it gets you lots of compliments and you end up totally being the best dressed. I had a party not long ago with some friends, and when my best friend called to ask what the dress code was, I told her jeans. We were both kind of surprised when she arrived... I opened the door, and we were both wearing dresses and heals. She laughed and said, "I knew you were lying about jeans!". Needless to say, we were the two best dressed people at the party and everyone commented on how great we looked.





Other fabulous things happened over the weekend, too! The morning after the superbowl party, I looked out of my window, and right outside were three deer! You never see that in the city! Life is much different in this country winter wonderland!


In business news, we have a huge february sale coming up! And great new stuff is being added everyday, including our new fauxture line, that I am very hyped about!




For fabulous accessories, visit http://www.ashleysbigsecret.com/. Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

No comments: