Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Our January Newsletter

Hello from my winter hideaway! It is freezing here!

Every winter season I grapple with how to stay warm and still look stylish- do I wear my ugly, bulky parka or that adorable overcoat I know I’m going to freeze in? I’m not one of those women who are lucky enough to look sporty and cute in North Face. I just picked up a gorgeous antique faux fur coat from a second hand store that I am so excited about… it was sooo inexpensive and sooo elegant, and we know how I adore that combination!

Here’s some style news: As always, I’ve been perusing the fashion rags, and PEARLS are the thing right now. I have always loved pearls, and am delighted that they are no longer reserved for women of a certain age. They add such a nice air of sophistication to just about anything, which I truly believe our generation needs. If I see one more Olsen twin walk out of the house in ironic hobo chic, I’m just going to scream! Funky pearls, classy pearls, colored pearls… they are all totally in right now. Check out our green pearl bracelet for $10.00 or my signature pearls for $24.00!

Big, glam bracelets are also hot at the moment… anything that sparkles. As far as I’m concerned, anything to shake the winter blues is perfect! Check out some pearls and sparkly bracelets on the site… http://www.ashleysbigsecret.com/.

Random fashion factoid: ‘a la mode’, as in ‘ice cream on my pie’, comes from the French ‘a la mode’, which means, ‘in style’.

Just remember: you don’t have to spend a lot to look like a million bucks.

Cheers,

Ashley

For fabulous accessories, visit http://www.ashleysbigsecret.com/. Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.

© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you really wear pearls with jeans??? I always thought they had to be worn on a formal occasion, altho i'm happy that younger people can wear them now.

Ashley's Big Secret Blog said...

Janie,

You can absolutely wear pearls with jeans! I wear that combo all the time. I pair the with a simple top and heels or nice flats, and I'm good to go. It's a great way make a very comfortable outfit classy.

Thanks for writing us!

Ashley