Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mission: Organization!

Somehow, and I am not saying I had anything to do with it, but somehow my closet exploded, throwing clothes everywhere. I don't think it happened all at once, but gradually clothes began to spill out onto the bed, covered my chair, and even started to take over night stands. No surface of my bedroom was left untouched- simply put, my closet vomited.

Today, I decided to do something primarily because I couldn't find my favorite pair of boots. So I reorganized all of my clothes, and decided that there was no proper place for my jewelry. Standard jewelry boxes don't even help with my jewelry collection... it's epic. Only Emelda Marcos could truly understand. I've been collecting jewelry for years, and since the start of Ashley's Big Secret, my collection has at least doubled. (When it comes to a piece of jewelry I really like, I have about as much will power as a crack addict.) So I decided to take all of my clothes out of my dresser drawers and make a GIANT jewelry box out of my bureau.

Six gorgeous, oversized and pain stakingly organized drawers now happily contain rings, necklaces, bracelets and every other little bauble I couldn't live without. What I'm most proud of are my ring and earring drawers, that I organized by recycling egg cartons (pictured above), so now every pair of earrings has its own little space. Mom taught me that- she's always used the egg carton trick.

It feels SO good to have everything organized in a neat and tidy way- hopefully I'll be able to keep it like that for at least a week. The best part? I rediscovered some fabulous things I haven't worn in awhile which is almost as fun as buying it the first time.

For fabulous accessories, visit http://www.ashleysbigsecret.com/. Please feel free to comment here, or give us a shout out at writeus@ashleysbigsecret.com.

© Copyright 2007. Ashley’s Big Secret, Inc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! But where did you put your clothes?!?! Such a great idea, tho!

Ashley's Big Secret Blog said...

Anonymous,

I now have a larger closet than I did before, so I put all of my 'drawer' clothes on shelves in the closet. Now all my clothes are in one place too!

Ashley